Grasmere by the Sea Adult Day Program of Jewish Senior Services has over 30 years of experience as a key resource for seniors in southern Connecticut. The program serves individuals who may be experiencing physical and/or memory challenges and are in need of opportunities for socialization and recreation. The Center also provides caregivers with respite support so they can work or pursue their own interests or responsibilities.
Grasmere on Park
Adult Day Program
Now open at 4200 Park Avenue, Bridgeport
Tours and information sessions are available by walk-in weekdays during the day, by appointment after hours from 5:00-6:00pm and on the second Saturday of every month by appointment only between 9:00-11:am. To make an appointment call (203) 365-6470 or email email@example.com.
Over 30 Years
The Adult Day Program of Jewish Senior Services has over 30 years of experience as a key resource for seniors in southern Connecticut. The program serves individuals who may be experiencing physical and/or memory challenges and are in need of opportunities for socialization and recreation. The program also provides caregivers with respite support so they can continue to work or pursue their own interests or responsibilities.
Our Program’s philosophy is to meet the individual’s medical needs within a socially stimulating environment. Clients are able to remain living in their own homes much longer as a result of their participation and support services provided within the Program. By offering different levels of nursing services, rehabilitative therapies, care management, therapeutic recreation, socialization, and interactive programs, we are able to ensure a successful experience for each participant.
Services available to participants at the Adult Day Program include:
- Treatments and medications dispensed by a registered nurse
- Supervision and programming by a professional clinical staff
- Personal care & bathing by certified nursing assistants
- Delicious, light breakfast, hot lunch & snacks
- Intergenerational activities in coordination with community schools and youth groups
- Enclosed terrace for safely enjoying the outdoors
- Specialized door-to-door wheelchair and escorted transportation.
- Unisex hair salon on-site
- Access to comprehensive resources of Jewish Senior Services, including: on-site rehabilitation services (such as physical, occupational and speech therapy), non-medical home care, medical home care services and Geriatric Assessment at our Institute on Aging
- Caregiver support group in conjunction with the Connecticut Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association & Counseling Services for clients’ loved ones and community members
The Adult Day Program is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM until 5:00 PM. Extended hours are available for participants and caregivers on an arranged basis. Please discuss this option and any transportation needs with the Director.
Jewish Senior Services is certified as a medical model Adult Day Program through the Connecticut Association of Adult Day Services in cooperation with the State of Connecticut Department of Social Services.
Fees for the program are maintained at an affordable level to facilitate participation for everyone who could benefit from its programs and services. In addition to paying privately, the daily attendance fee is a covered service by Medicaid and the Veterans Administration. Some long-term care insurance policies may also provide coverage or subsidy of the program fee. Clients can attend the program from one to five days a week, depending on their needs, and only pay for days attended. For more information please call.
Family and Caregiver support groups meet:
1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month at 4:00pm
at Grasmere on Park Adult Day, 4200 Park Ave. Bridgeport.
For more information, call Sandy Jenkins at (203) 365-6470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grasmere on Park activities are funded in part through the generous support of community partners and individual supporters like you.
- The Fairfield County Community Foundation
- R. C. Bigelow, Inc.
- The Southwestern Connecticut Area Agency on Aging
- The Town of Fairfield
- Private Donors
For more information please call Grasmere on Park Ave Program at (203) 365-6470 or email email@example.com.
To download and print this information, click here.